2022 Quicksilver B-Modified Rules/ With Open Motor Rules
1)WEIGHT: Quicksilver 602CT (357) SEALED CRATE MOTOR /GM602 SEALED CRATE MOTOR….2400lbs after race w/driver/ Open Motor no bigger then a 362 cdi.. Must weight 2600 after Race With Driver
Must Add 50lbs for Bert, Brinn or Falcon and Jerico Transmission ****4-Bar Cars must add 100lbs****
2) ENGINES: NO Dry Sump Oil Systems NO Altering are Machining on the outside of Engine Block, Heads, or Intake NO Tri-Y or Square Tube Headers!
3) CARBURETORS: – Any 4 Barrel no Bigger than a 650! Must fit no go gauges! no SUPERBOWLS will be Allowed! See Bottom for Build Motor
4) FUEL: PUMP GAS, E-85, Alcohol or Race Gas! NO Nitrous or Fuel Additives of any kind Allowed!
5) FUEL CELL: Contained fuel cells only, fuel cells to be securely mounted in rear, using minimum (2) 2″x 1/8″ flat steel straps or minimum 1” square tube & 3/8” bolts. NO PICKUP TUBES or FITTINGS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED ON THE SIDE OF THE FUEL CELL!
6) FIRE EXTINGUISHER: All cars to be equipped with a filled, operable fire extinguisher securely mounted within reach of the driver.
7) TIRES &WHEELS: Hoosier E-Mod 26.5 or 27.5….M-30, M-60 or Hoosier H 500 or American Racer Soft Med or Hard! Grooving & Sipping will be Allowed! NO Altering Allowed Softening or Chemical! Any Steel Wheel 8” MAXIMUM, Bead locks will be Allowed on the Right Side ONLY!
8) REARENDS & DRIVESHAFT: Quick change or 9” Rear ends will be allowed, DRIVESHAFTS MUST BE STEEL, NO ALUMINUM or CARBON FIBER!
9) SHOCKS/BUMP STOPS/BUMP SPRINGS: ANY STEEL SHOCK WILL BE ALLOWED, NO EXTERNAL ADJUSTABLE. NO BUMP STOPS, BUMP SPRINGS or SPRING RUBBERS of ANY KIND ALLOWED at ANYTIME! $100 CLAIM ON ANY SHOCK AT ANYTIME! BUT BUYER MUST GIVE HIS OR HER SHOCKS UP WITH THE $100 FOR EACH. RACER MUST HAVE BEEN AT TRACK FOR 3 TIMES OR MORE TO DO THIS.
10) BODIES & CHASSIS: A 5” Rear Spoiler will be Allowed Left Side Door to Firewall must be Enclosed! ALL OTHER BODY & CHASSIS RULES WILL BE THE SAME AS THE BASIC UMP A-MOD RULES! LOWER A-FRAMES MUST BE STOCK LENGTH NO EXCEPTION’S!
11) SEATS: Approved aluminum racing seat mandatory. Seat must be secured to cage assembly using four (4) grade eight bolts with lock nuts, no less than three eighths (3/8) inch diameter. If NOT running a full containment seat a Window net on the driver’s side will be Mandatory, must be quick release.
12) SEAT BELTS: Five-point, three-inch, approved safety harness mandatory (6 point-double anti sub belt recommended). Manufacturers date tag must show 1/20 or newer. If date tag is not present, belts must be replaced. Belts must be secured to cage assembly. For tab mount belts, one half (1/2) inch diameter, grade eight bolts and lock nuts must be used.
13) SUITS & HELMETS: Approved NOMEX drivers suit mandatory. Full face SNELL approved (SA-2000) or newer helmets mandatory. MOTORCYCLE HELMETS (M-95) WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. RACING GLOVES WILL BE MANDATORY!
14) CAR PROTEST RULES: A. All car protests must be placed at the scales at the end of the race and money no later than 10 minutes after the “A” feature. The Protest Fee is $150 and must be given to an Official along with the protest. Car in protest will be checked after the main event. If the car in protest is illegal the protester will be returned his $100. If the car is legal, the $100 is given to the car in protest. C. Management reserves the right to refuse any or all claims or protests that may occur! D. Any car found to be ILLEGAL will lose all Championship Points earned for the year to date of the infraction and all Money earned for the event in question. E. Registered car owners and/or drivers are the only legal protesters. F. TRACK OFFICIALS HAVE THE RIGHT TO INSPECT ANY CAR AT ANYTIME! G. IF IT’S NOT WRITTEN IT WILL BE CONSIDERED ILLEGA
1. 362 cubic inch maximum, factory steel production blocks.
2. Any cast iron 23* steel heads. No porting or polishing of cylinder head. No aluminum heads.
3. Max valve size: 2.02” intake, and 1.6” exhaust.
4. Any intake manifolds. No porting or polishing.
5. Steel or cast cranks and rods. No exotic material cranks or rods (ex.: aluminum or titanium)
6. Flat top pistons only.
7. Any flat tappet camshaft only. No roller cams.
8. Timing chains only. No gear drives.
9. Stud mount rockers only. No stud girdles.
10. Stock diameter valve springs only. 1.260” maximum O.D. Beehive springs allowed, 1.320” maximum O.D., ANY
manufacturer (Chevy, Ford, or Dodge). NO double valve springs.
Built Motor Carburetor Rules:
1. 500 CFM 2 barrel only.
2. 2 Barrel carburetor will be checked with go-no-go gauges top to bottom.
3. Either engine Option may run 1” maximum carburetor spacer, .040” tolerance. At no point may spacer extend into intake
manifold area. Two (2) standard thickness carburetor gaskets, .070” maximum thickness allowed.
4. Carburetor must have conventional style floats along with needles and seats. NO individual
cylinder tuning or equivalent allowed.
5. Carburetors must have conventional “Holley-style” straight or down leg boosters. NO
exceptions. NO super bowl type carburetors allowed.
Rules updated on 9-25-22 for the rest of the year of 2022